Saturday, November 26, 2005

Neutral Bay

We've been to Neutral Bay today. I've heard about this town so many times from Japanese friends and magazines. So I always was curious about this areas. (Neutral Bay, Cremorne and Kirribilli...)

A few days ago, I picked up Japaralia which is one of free Japanese comunity magazine from Sussex Street food court and they had article about Neutral Bay junction as a this month's special town. They also introduced some nice shops to readers with map location.
We took the bus at stand D on the York Street near QVB. (You can get there with any buses at stand D.) After crossing the Harbour Bridge, we got off on Millitery Road in Neutral Bay junction.

As there are many Japanese people living at Neutral Bay, we expected some ethnic town such as Strathfield, but it wasn't like that at all.
Of course there were many Japanese restaurants, however all shops were located seperately unlike Strathfield where many Korean shops are located together at main street continously.

We had late lunch at Il Paradiso, Italian restaurant in shopping centre on the Millitary Road.
I tried "Smoked salmon melted" and my husband ordered "Lasagne".
We sat outside enjoying Saturday afternoon meal with breeze and view which we haven't had for a while especially after we moved to City.

Then we looked around the town and bought some heart shape sugars(picture) at Angelique's gifts shop which is introdued on the magazine. It was $3.95 each and shop located on Waters Road and we had 10% discount with buying 10 of them.

middle

7 Comments:

At 4:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice photograph :)
looks like your English is getting better by day
wish u can have new event every week like this
Enjoy every moment

 
At 10:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone had a wonderful staerday!
is there any photo of "Neutra Bay"? ^^

 
At 1:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting me your beautiful and fantastic blog! And I foud you had enjoyed Australinan life! I envy you...... I`ll visit here soon.(pom in Japan)

 
At 3:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont forget to bring camera next time...

 
At 10:47 pm, Blogger sunmask said...

Dear momo
yes, right. We should bring camera, or at least bring mobile phone.

Dear dongpa
Sorry, but I'll introduce you other town with photo. See you soon and thank you for visiting my blog again!

Dear Anonymous(Pom)
^^/. Ohayou,Sensei! when I leave you message in English, each time I feel it's very impolite. I think many Japanese and Korean think same way, when they communicate with older people than themselves in English. Anyway, thank you for visiting my blog!

 
At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sugars? What kind of? Ah....like a lump sugars for tea?

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger sunmask said...

Dear niserezo
It seems good for tea, but actually we've never used it. ^^;;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home